November 18, 2011

Have a Lovely Weekend



It's been raining here in DC.  Hopefully it will quit this weekend. Today, my husband gets back from a business trip to Santo Domingo. A job with the U.S. Embassy down there.  So, I know he ate and slept well, and even had some pool time.  Having him back means I get to resume some of the things I haven't been able to finish. I also need some rest. Only two weeks until Thanksgiving! I {maybe}want to cook a Thanksgiving dinner.  As a vegetarian I grieve the fate of the meat that ends up in people's holiday plates.  To each their own is my philosophy; but this year, I find myself wanting to cook a bird.  Principle aside, I love the idea of serving my husband a true Thanksgiving dinner, especially when we won't be able to share in this holiday with his family (they are big on Thanksgiving; my family, on the contrary, is big on Christmas- so it works out fine) So let's see what happens...

Emilu started eating solids a couple of days ago.  I will be snapping a few pictures of her soon. I want to say thank you for stopping by this week.  It makes my day to see my blog getting attention.  I love to visit other people's blogs and know the heart and time that goes into each post.  I hope you readers have a lovely weekend.  Here are some fabulous links I hope you like.  Have a safe and happy weekend. See you back on Monday!

If I lived in Brooklyn, Park Slope is where I like to be. This amazing Park Slope townhouse  is for sale there.

I dare you to fill your heart bag with love.

This cute dress with elbow patches has me at hello!

What an amazing home  (taking notes...)

Gearing up for some glittery holiday days ahead.

Crazy about capes and these chocolate cupcakes

For the grammar nerd in you, plus lovely gifts for book lovers.

Don't have the space for a Christmas tree?  Your answer in these small and festive Christmas trees 

A picture tale of adopting love 

For kids: A totally fun way to learn and carry your books

Don't be a turkey:  Gift ideas for the Thanksgiving host 

Images via Flickr and Decorology

5 comments:

  1. I'm definitely in the market for a tiny festive tree! Those are great photos - thank you for the link and the inspiration!

    -meesch
    http://www.aperfectkindofday.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I will settle for a small Christmas tree this year... When you live in a city, it's so hard to get rid of the tree after the holidays.

    Hope you have a lovely Saturday! I just came back home after looking at some cuuuuute puppies (not for me, I just tagged along). Think I will post a pic or two tomorrow :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, at least we had a lovely weekend here in DC, right? It was my first weekend here just relaxing -- that was so nice. And I want to ask you, as a fellow vegetarian, are there any restaurants in the DC area you really love for fresh vegetables and food?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey gals I definitely love the idea of small trees because they don't take much space, just placind them on the dining room table works for me!

    @brandi, im just realizing you moved to DC, right? Welcome, it's a nice place to be. But I warn you it might get a little next year due to elections.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ admin
    thanks for providing such a useful and important knowledge.
    I am very thankful and satisfy with your content.
    with regards
    @catalina sava

    ReplyDelete